[3830] WPX CW WU3A(@W3UA) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w3ua@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WU3A(@W3UA) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 11:59:14 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: WU3A
Operator(s): W3UA, NU3C
Station: W3UA

Class: M/S HP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 48

------------
  160:   10
   80:  115
   40:  785
   20: 1445
   15:   67
   10:    5
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

For the first time we were haunted by WriteLog network problems. I have upgraded
from ver. 10.55 to 10.62, and never tried it networked before this contest --
big mistake. Networking became much less reliable, computers refused to talk to
each other, and the worst thing, in many cases an attempt to establish
connection lead to a total hangup of the logger. In the last 3 hours of the
contest we gave up all the attempts to keep computers networked, and
effectively lost an opportunity to use the multiplier position. For the same
reason we quit updating our score on the W1VE web site. Indeed, we were only
one stupid M/S posting the score, so it did not make any difference...

Overall, considering the limited supply of operators (2 is "multi" by
definition, but we would prefer a couple more with better CW copying ability
than we are ;) ), unfinished antenna switching logic, better 80 meter antenna
on the drawing board, undelivered second amplifier, low sunspot number, etc,
etc... still a huge room for improvement.