[3830] WPX CW VE3JM(@VE3RM) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3jm@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WPX CW VE3JM(@VE3RM) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 28 May 2007 17:14:57 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: VE3JM
Operator(s): VE3JM
Station: VE3RM

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: ON
Operating Time (hrs): 35:30
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:  110
   40:  874
   20: 1260
   15:   34
   10:
------------

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Many thanks to Don for letting me operate from his station.

Haven't seen 15 this bad from up here, so didn't even bother checking 10. A few
attempts to run on 15 were not successful, so decided to spend the day hours on
20 only. Couldn't get too many Qs on 15 while running on 20 because of the
interference.

Saturday was not my best day - apart from struggling with poor conditions, also
had an amp failure.

Had to replace my amp with Don's Alpha 76. Don and Ron were working hard on the
amp Saturday and Sunday, trying to locate the problem. I was worried that it may
be a HV transformer failure, but they found it was a resistor and cap in HV
rectifier. I am very grateful for their efforts in finding the problem.