[3830] WPX CW W7WHY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W7WHY SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 May 2007 19:51:20 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 5

------------
  160:    0
   80:    2
   40:   33
   20:   80
   15:    3
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

Did this one from my camper camped out at the beach.  Snuck into the trailer
every so often when everyone was barbecuing hamburgers or sitting around the
campfire.

Arrived Wednesday night and put up a 70 foot, center fed with 300 ribbon, about
20 feet in the air.  Was surprised how well it worked out.  Highlights were
working 5T5, CE, and ZL on 40.  Worked some Russian stations and other DX,
including the EF8 station Friday night on 20.  Also worked a VE8 for one of my
2 Q's on 80.  All the non-hams that were camped out with us this weekend were
impressed how I could work those stations "So far away" from my camp trailer
:-)

Forgot what it is like to work with a pen and paper for logging.  No cluster or
computer duping ARGHH :-)

Used a TS-450SAT with MFJ tuner.  73 and CUL
Tom W7WHY