[3830] ANARTS K6GEP SOST LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] ANARTS K6GEP SOST LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 22:57:08 -0700
                    ANARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SOST LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:    6    12     2
   40:   48   420    17
   20:   49   599    25
   15:
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  103  1031    44  Continents = 5  Total Score = 226,920

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

My time was limited this weekend, especially on Sunday.

Trying to work this contest low power with dipoles was frustrating again
on 20, as would be expected.  It almost wasn't worth turning on the radio
mid-day.

Thanks to those super-stations out there who just seem to make their own
propagation: RD3A, LT0H, 9A2DQ and ZM2A.  Thanks to VK4UC for the extra
points.  What can we do to help spread our fanaticism of RTTY contesting
to VK land?

This is my first anniversary of RTTY contesting, and I find it fun even
with the awful condix.  It all was worthwhile, since I worked 4 new ones:
CO, DS (HL), 8P and OA.

I used the flutter profile on MMTTY for the first time for auroral prop.
Worked great!  I learn something new every contest.

Thanks to John (N6QQ, N6Q, N6QQQ) for spotting the opening to Japan on 20
meters at 0600z Saturday night.  I was trying to get something going on
80 to no avail.  The opening to JA was phenomenal!  After midnight!
It was quite a thrill, and quite a boost to the multiplier count.

Station:
FT-990 60W
N1MM Logger w/ MMTTY

Ants:
Alpha-Delta DX-CC Multi Band Dipole as inv vee with apex up 25 feet
(mainly on 20)

40 meter inverted vee up 50 feet

80 meter sloping dipole from 50 feet

I hope to hear many of you on 40m SSB for Field Day.