[3830] WPX CW KS9K(N4TZ) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N4TZ@ARRL.NET
Subject: [3830] WPX CW KS9K(N4TZ) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:52:26 -0700
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW

Call: KS9K
Operator(s): N4TZ
Station: N4TZ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  401
   20:  631
   15:   76
   10:
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Some on the East Coast see the WPX as a combination of
two contests - DX and SS - when the DX slows down, they shift
to running stateside stations.  In that view, the past WPX
was the best of all posible worlds for them.  Good DXing and
good stateside activity.  Here in the midwest, WPX was a
combination of two contests - DX and SS - but weaker DXing
and without the opportunity that the coastal stations had
to run lots of one pointers.

I kept hearing the huge signals down in the souther USA on 15m,
but was never able to get any replies to my CQs from here.
Lots of daytime hours on 20 with 20 or less QSOs per hour
and very few Qs found on the second radio.  Ditto on 40 at
night, although the rates were better from 00-04 each night.

Lots of people had difficulty with the call, coming back to
KI0K or something similar.  I noted this a couple of years
back in the "Case of the Missing Dits," when the sunspots
started to disappear.  I understand there were no visible
sunspots during the CW WPX weekend.