[3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3bb@mindspring.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint N3BB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 20:33:13 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jun 22

Call: N3BB
Operator(s): N3BB
Station: N3BB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Austin, TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   7      5
   40:  24     18
   20:  29     15
-------------------
Total:  60     38  Total Score = 2,280

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Quite a lot of activity, but the atmospheric noise QRN was really tough on 80
and 40. Worked N9NC in NH as a pleasant surprise. N9NB's magic old Purdue U.
G5RV apparently stayed up, as he was S9 on 20 meters at 0246; never heard him
on another band, though. Local operator Dick, AA5VU, has been emailing about
the NS and worked me on 40 meters at 0237, a pleasant surprise. Yet another
CTDXCCer is trying the "most fun in a half hour on the radio."

Others worked for the first time in the NS: K6MM, W4NJK, N4OX, W8ZC, and a
mighty big welcome too to Kelly, VE4XT!

Stations worked the most frequently:

5: N3DXX and N4AF
4: N6RO
3: K0XP, W5JAW, K7SS, and N4OGW

Ten minute QSO totals: 19, 20,and a nice 21 the last ten minutes! That as a
surprise.

80 meters sounded way down here, due to the QRN. Was surprised to tally up the
7 QSOs and the associated nice 5 Mults. The mult-gods looked more favorably on
me this week.

I tried 160 the last minute hoping to hear N4OGW or W0BH or KZ5D, all of whom
are loud here on topband. Nil. But did hear W9RE CQing with ten seconds to
do-thought "great," but Mike was unable to hear me.

Another super NS! Thanks NCCC and the Thursday night bunch. It's growing.

Jim N3BB