[3830] ARRL FD AA8IA 1D LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa8ia@aa8ia.org
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD AA8IA 1D LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 20:34:26 -0700

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  163     2       0  Total Score = 654

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Score includes 50 point bonus for web submission.  Not sure how web submission
has anything to do with radio contesting, but I'll take the cheap bonus if it's
there.

Had a great time on 20m CW.  There was no shortage of stations on 20m any time
I was operating.   Unfortunately, I did very little on 40/80m due to the
horrendous power line noise.  It wasn't until I read WB8JUI's summary that I
realized there were a lot of stations to be heard on 40.  I used every option
on the FT-100 to dull the noise, but in the end I threw up my hands on 40/80m.
 I heard a lot of activity today on 15m; however, I was unable to work them
since the dipole refused to tune.   Could only run 50-70w on any band since any
higher power was causing RF to get into the CAT interface and cause N1MM to go
south.  Of course 30w more wouldn't have made a noticeable difference.

I did better this year than any other that I've worked from home.   It was
quite a relaxing and enjoyable time.  It was such a beautiful weekend here in
Ohio that I had to get out and enjoy the outdoors - I only wish a local club
would have been operating FD so that I could have done both at the same time!