[3830] RAC Day VE6CNU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VE6CNU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2007 18:11:48 -0700
                    RAC Canada Day Contest

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 19

  160:
   80:   22     33       8         5
   40:   82     47       9         6
   20:  301    330      10        11
   15:   24      4       8         2
   10:    6      4       1         2
    6:
    2:           4                 1
Total:  435    422      36        27  Total Score = 284,256

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

What great conditions in Calgary (relatively speaking)!  Saturday evening was a
blast as the QSOs kept coming steadily from one band to another.  Why wasn't
Field Day like this?  Working two ZLs on 40 CW was just another bonus, not to
mention a bunch of DX on 20 CW at various times on Sunday.  My analysis showed
I worked a total of 233 different Canadian operators: 97 in ON, 46 in BC, 22 in
AB, 18 in QC, 16 in SK, 10 in NS, 9 in NB, 8 in MB 2 in NWT, 3 in NL and 1 in
PEI and YT.  15m and 10m were open here for a very short time on Saturday
evening and not at all on Sunday (at least when I checked).  Not using
spotting, I'm not sure if I missed any openings - but if I did, I doubt they
were open very long.  A special thank you to VE4YU, who always seemed to pop up
when I tried a new band and needed a multiplier.

My stations consists of a Yaesu FT-1000MP (100W) fed to a TH6 at 40', as well
as an Alpha-Delta 40m-80m dipole and shunt-fed tower for 80m.  I used N1MM
logging.

Thanks to all those who contacted me and hope to cu all next year (or sooner)!

Jerry
VE6CNU