[3830] IARU K6GEP SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K6GEP SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:47:33 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: ORG
Operating Time (hrs): 14

  160:
   80:   40            11
   40:  100            23
   20:  109            29
   15:   44            11
   10:   19             5
-------------------------------------
Total:  312     0      79       0  Total Score = 60,356

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

I was a mixed category entry, but I do not have breakdowns for phone /cw.

During last year's IARU contest, I worked tons of EU countries on 20m
during the 0200z to 0500z timeframe.  With the K index at 4 this year,
it just didn't happen.  I had rigged up a 2 element dipole beam pointed
north, and oh well.  At least I worked some new EU countries the night before
the contest.

When I noticed that 20 was becoming the ITU Zone 6 QSO party, I decided to
switch to 40 at about 0300z to work back East.   I think it was a good
choice, and had some good runs going on Phone.  I switched back to 20 a few
hours later to find some good openings to VK/ZL and JA.

Nice to see some activity on 15 and 10 the first morning.  Amazing propagation
to Northern California.

Best DX:  V73RY on 40 and 80.  Tnx Randy!

Rig:   FT-990
Ants:  40 meter inverted vee up 55 feet
       Multi-band Alpha-Delta DXCC dipole as sloper from 55 feet
       2 Element VE7CA style 20 meter wire beam up 20 feet
       10 Meter Ringo Vertical

Software:  N3FJP IARU Contest Logger