[3830] IARU N4OX SO SSB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n4ox@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] IARU N4OX SO SSB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 17:46:17 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: N4OX
Operator(s): N4OX
Station: N4OX

Class: SO SSB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 22.0

  160:            6     2       0
   80:           90    10       9
   40:          376    15      16
   20:          690    25      26
   15:          211    13      14
   10:          479     5       2
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     1852    70      67  Total Score = 484,706

Club:

Comments:

Had equipment problems which cost me about 30 minutes and then the thunderstorms
cost the other 90 minutes.(W3LPL helped me fix the equipment problems, bad audio
on 10 meters when the voice keyer was hooked up, by providing a known critical
ear of my audio....Thanks Frank) Static on low bands was 20 over 9 at times,
making for a major headache, literally. Rate was decent, but DX was not
plentiful at least here in extreme northwest Florida. Interesting to get
several comments on my BIG signal on 20 meters when the antenna is an old
Telrex TB6EM tribander at 40 feet and 800 watts from an Ameritron AL-572,
driven by a Kenwood TS-830S. The activity on 10 meters is very noticeable with
the change in licensing. Should be interesting when the sunspots come back to
see how the two worlds collide. There are alot of groups meeting on
28.300-28.500. See ya'll next year, probably on CW for a change. 73, Jay N4OX