[3830] IARU MD0CCE SO CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n2bb@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU MD0CCE SO CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 01:53:54 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: MD0CCE
Operator(s): MD0CCE
Station: MD0CCE

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Isle of Man
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:    28    0       3       23
   80:    64    0       9       24
   40:   251    0      17       32
   20:   510    0      23       32
   15:   191    0      13       27
   10:   174    0       6       19
-------------------------------------
Total:  1218    0      71      157  Total Score = 847,704

Club:

Comments:

New SteppIR 4-el put up last week (thanks Alex GD6IA and Brian GD4PTV); antennas
for 80 and 160 put up in the morning did not achieve SWR below 3:1 so decided to
enter low power as amp would not load on low bands.  Still in process of cabling
shack and couldn't get the SO2R controller/logging software/radios to play
together nicely like good little children, so wound up using manual paddle and
one radio for contest; the paddle started sticking and finally broke altogether
early Sunday morning.  Plugged in second key but it was old and sticky so had to
QRS and sound sloppy for Sunday.  N1MM software skipped over 15M when changing
bands (what was THAT all about???) so had to activate WriteLog when changing
bands and now have to manually re-enter Qs to combine the two when sending in
the logs....and then there was the propagation!  Where was the West Coast?
Where was the Pacific?

But still lots of fun, and personal best in this contest....will be better
prepared next year!!

Thanks to all for digging out my signal and for putting up with the sloppy cw,
and thanks to Ann for keeping me fed, watered, and getting up in the middle of
the night to find out how I was doing!

73,
Bob, MD0CCE