[3830] IARU KG4IGC SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg4igc@sc.rr.com
Subject: [3830] IARU KG4IGC SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 04:56:57 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Summerville, SC
Operating Time (hrs): 19.22

  160:   0       4      2       1
   80:   0      43      8       3
   40:   0      94      8       1
   20:   0     213     32      14
   15:   0      88     13       3
   10:   0      44      4       0
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     486     67      22  Total Score = 62,712

Club: Low Country Contest Club

Comments:

Had a good time this year in the contest.I had a slow start, just causual
operating while doing other things. Was real pleased to see that all bands were
open at some point or another. Was going to run QRP again this year but decided
not to at the last minute and ran low poer 100 watts. Used my MarkV Field for
the rig, antennas used: 282' loop. 20 meter Lazt H, Gap Challenger ground
mounted, Maco V5/8 (10 meters) and my 8 element Sterba Curtain. Later in the
day I tried to make an all out effort and make up some Q,s but I think that I
spent a little too much time running. I think perhaps next year I will do more
search and pounce to try and raise my score. Hopefully the bands will open up a
little better next year so that our club (Low Country Contest Club) will have
some representation in the QRP catagory. Bands really started to slow down
after midnight but had some really nice openings on 20 into the North and South
Pacific. Best contacts for me were into Pitcairn Island and New Zealand. Many
TNX goes out to the many stations who answered my calls see you all next year!