[3830] IARU W1UE/VE1 SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nb1b@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W1UE/VE1 SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 14:50:38 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: W1UE/VE1
Operator(s): W1UE
Station: W1UE/VE1

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: NS
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:     3    0       2        1
   80:   232    0      15       20
   40:   383    0      25       25
   20:   938    0      29       37
   15:   139    0      12       20
   10:    42    0       4        3
-------------------------------------
Total:  1737    0      87      106  Total Score = 1,180,195

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Bands were no better than poor here.  The JA opening on 20M Sun morning was over
by the time it normally happens; I was fortunate in checking early, and working
in working the 11 JAs that I did work.  20M to Europe Sunday never happened;
signals were weak and watery.  Fortunately, 15 and 10 were already somewhat
open to the US, so there was stuff to work, although they were all 3 points
instead of the 5 points the Europeans would have given me.  I think 10 and 15
were open much better than the QSO totals that I posted; both totals suffered
from not enough stations being there.

Before I left home for this trip, I didn't have time to take down the 160M
dipole at the home station, so I didn't have 160M here.  I left probably 15
mults on the table by not spending that hour.  Since it looks like I'm 2K
behind VY2/KV8Q, that omission may have made the difference.

Congrats to VY2/KV8Q for a nice score.  Thanks to everyone for the QSOs.

Dennis W1UE/VE1