[3830] IARU VE2DWA(VE2DWA/LU7DW/VE3AP) SO SSB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2dwa@yahoo.ca
Subject: [3830] IARU VE2DWA(VE2DWA/LU7DW/VE3AP) SO SSB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 08:01:32 -0700
                    IARU HF World Championship

Call: VE2DWA
Operator(s): VE2DWA/LU7DW/VE3AP
Station: VE2DWA

Class: SO SSB LP
QTH: Aylmer - QC
Operating Time (hrs): ~6

  160:           0      0       0
   80:          17      3       2
   40:          23      7       3
   20:          64     12      17
   15:          23      7       4
   10:           3      2       1
-------------------------------------
Total:   0     130     31      27  Total Score = 22,504

Club:

Comments:

All reports sent were 59 04, unless otherwise noted.

Equipment Description:  Yaesu FT-101EE, Hallicrafters S-38, G5RV @ 3 meter
high.

Comments: Moved to a new QTH some weeks ago, not radios, not antennas installed
yet. I was trying to get some station to operate from (because of the
information about my buddies in Argentina will be active as LR4A in HQ
category), but as I couldn't find any one available around, I try to set up
something to be in the air from my home.  During the last week, I was trying to
assembly some wires in the basement for get electricity at the station, getting
some coaxil cables, getting some aluminum, repairing my dead FT-101EE, etc.
Finally on Friday I got my radio working, but not 160 because the X-tal in the
LO for 160 in the 101 is dead (I couldn't find any spare Xtal, perhaps is too
old, but if you have some available let me know).

On Saturday I found that the place I've choose for installing a pipe, also
was chosen for a skunk to make his "home", by the way I need to convince him
slowly to move, finally I got the place free (without any stinky spill) for my
pipe, at that moment the rain was heavy but thanks to the help and support from
my wife Nelida LW8EXF, the pipe was raised and the G5RV was up.  I made my first
50 QSOs smoothly and happy, I was having fun working split in 40 meter
using the S-38 as receiver (not external VFO on my FT101),   but as the place
was free from the skunk, Mr. Murphy came for his first visit to my new QTH,
while I was trying to call CX1AA,  the SWR on my antenna suddenly raise to 6:1,
I went outside, under a heavy rain and strong wind, to see what happen with my
antenna (maybe the skunk revenge I was guessing?), after some test I found my
RG-213 was short-circuited; got some minutes of disillusion, but I remember I
had a piece of RG-8X (a gift from F9IE) on my garage, btw I went outside again
to change the coaxil on my antenna, of course the rain was heavier than before
at this point (Nelida help me again taking caring of the very slippery
ladder).. Coaxil changed and I'm on the air again; around 2AM local time,
tired, dirty, wet and hungry I made my QSO 100th, time for a warm shower, hot
pizza and some sleep.

Woke up at 6AM, the propagation was bad, the bands very noises (more rain), but
I was in the air again, I made my last QSO at 1159UTC in 20 meter
with my friend Daniel LU1DK at LR4A (RCA), Great end of contest....  Contesting
is FUN, it isn't?

See you in next contest

73, Claudio VE2DWA/LU7DW/VE3AP