[3830] NAQP RTTY K0RC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k0rc@pclink.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY K0RC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:13:05 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: K0RC
Operator(s): K0RC
Station: K0RC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 9.0

   80:   72    31
   40:  106    35
   20:  119    40
   15:   77    26
   10:   44    16
-------------------
Total:  418   148  Total Score = 61,864

Club: Minnesota Wireless Association

Team: MWA #1

Comments:

Rig : IC-756 Pro III

        Antennas : HyGain TH-11DX @ 22m + slopers on 40m & 80m

         Soapbox : Because this was a low power contest (100 Watts
max), I decided to run some frequencies rather than S&P the entire
event. It paid off with the rate meter above 100 several times (SO1R).

It was a pleasure to finally have 10m & 15m propagation for QSO's and
Mults! Some stations were booming with 20+ dB signals on 10 meters so
it was a strong opening into this area. The SH5 program shows me 15
meters was most efficient (Q's per time unit) followed closely by 10
meters.

Stations K4KO, K4TD, K9MUG, and KE0L were the 5-band sweeps I logged.
There were 15 other stations worked on 4 bands. And W9ILY/0 in North
Dakota came through on 80m for my last state needed on LoTW RTTY WAS -
Thanks John! I worked KE1J and NG1G from Rhode Island on 20m & 15m so
my remaining "hole" for LoTW WAS with RI on 10 meter (any mode) is
still open!

I am having fun tracking the states and modes to fill them in with
contest Q's. I probably plugged a few more slots but won't know about
it until you guys upload your logs to LoTW. Hint: make sure you add
your state, county, and grid locator into the "TQSL > STATION > EDIT
LOCATIONS" dialog for your Tqsl processing and LoTW uploads to be
effective.

Someone mentioned many stations were calling off frequency. My
experience was the opposite with the vast majority dead on. But maybe I
missed all the off frequency callers because I was running a 200 Hz
passband and just didn't hear them if they were not within the AFC
range.

I ran out of steam and quit at midnight local time, giving up the final
hour. There were plenty of signals on the bands but I just couldn't
keep my eyes open and found myself loosing concentration and nodding
off. I did get to enjoy a couple of hours of the perfect Minnesota
summer day during my 2-hour break.

I really enjoy the NAQP events and look forward to each one of them. My
thanks go to the contest sponsors and all the participants!

73 de Bob - KÃ?RC in MN