[3830] NAQP RTTY KT4FY Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, slifamily@earthlink.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY KT4FY Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 08:58:07 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY

Call: KT4FY
Operator(s): KT4FY
Station: KT4FY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10

   80:   12     7
   40:  107    38
   20:  168    47
   15:   39    19
   10:    5     4
-------------------
Total:  331   115  Total Score = 38,065

Club: Platinum Coast Amateur Radio Society

Team:

Comments:

WriteLog V10.47D
AMD Athlon 700 running Windows 98
Kenwood TS950SD
KT4FY Multi-Modem II 1.38
Tennadyne T6 LPDA
End Loaded Sloper

I think there should be a handycap for Hams with noisy families.  With the dog
barking at the lawn crew, the battling kids, the phone, and the doorbell, it
shaped up to be quite a Saturday...

I'm running a homebrew DSP modem that several of the RRTY guys here chipped in
to design and build.  This modem uses a TI DSP to perform the heavy lifting.
After several iterations using fancy digital filters, this version of software
implements the transfer function from the original Florida Boys Multi-modem
developed by Don, AF4Z.  Don's modem uses op amps to handle the filters and
capacitors for time constants and has proven itself with a room full of RTTY
contest trophies.  This latest version really worked well.  Considering the
equipment I have and the conditions (Florida weather), I'm very pleased with
the score.

We lost the club station to a lightning strike last week, so we were not able
to put together a team for this effort.

Hopefully, the Florida Boys will get it together for the next one.

Steve
KT4FY