[3830] CQWW VHF W1XX SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w1xx@cox.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W1XX SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2007 14:47:36 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: W1XX
Operator(s): W1XX
Station: W1XX

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN41   RI
Operating Time (hrs):

    6:  388   116
    2:   53    21
-------------------
Total:  441   137  Total Score = 67,678

Club: CT RI Contest Group

Comments:

Six meter conditions for the first several hours Saturday were as good as it
gets, rivaling last year's phenomenal conditions...open to the Midwest and
Southeast with near 100 Q rates.  But nothing west of DM...no double hop.
Saturday morning before the contest, there was a fair opening to EU, but
nothing during the contest.  Sunday was pretty subdued with only short bursts
of opening all day.  Two meters was pretty flat the whole contest, but during
the last few hours [with nothing doing on 6] W3SO, K8GP, and K3EAR were banging
in...but not much else.  It continues to be a struggle to make Qs on 2 meters
although I ran only a brick at 150 watts [blew up my tube amp last September!].
 Since my "high" antennas were temporarily fixed to the north, I put up my old
faithful "portable" antennas -- a pair of FO12s for 2 and a pair of 5-el C3i
Yagis for 6 which were rotate-able but usually set to the Southwest....which
allowed instant switching of antenna direction....worked pretty good.  Hope
evryone had fun!  73!

-- John, W1XX