[3830] CQWW VHF N8II SOSB/6 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@AOL.COM
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF N8II SOSB/6 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2007 10:21:39 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOSB/6 LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  130    63
    2:
-------------------
Total:  130    63  Total Score = 8,127

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A tale of 2 contests, Sunday was dead except for a few brief openings to
 stations worked the day before. Saturday from the start until 2200, Es was
 in and out to different areas. At 23Z, there was a good opening to New
 England and I was able to work stations less than 400 miles away and as
 close as FN32. 3 grids were worked in Newfoundland, a first for any
 contest and FN74 thru 76 were worked in Eastern Canada. At one time or
 another Saturday stations were worked from near the Gulf Coast in LA
 up to northern MN EN37. The only double hop worked was a call from
 W6OAL in DM79. Condx were again much better than one would expect for
 so late in the Es season. For my meager station, the results were
 pretty good. I didn't miss hardly any grids I heards while S&P, and
 did get quite a few answers to CQ's. GN08 and EM01 were all time new
 grids. Local activity was poor, thank goodness for the openings.