[3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kg5u@hal-pc.org
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint KG5U LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2007 20:19:07 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 3

Call: KG5U
Operator(s): KG5U
Station: KG5U

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): 0.5
Radios: SO2R

  160:   0      0
   80:   9      6
   40:   8      2
   20:   8      3
   15:   0      0
   10:   0      0
-------------------
Total:  25     11  Total Score = 275

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Geez...what a BY firedrill that was.  Somehow, before the contest, I neglected
to scroll down the Rules/NS NEXT webpage far enough to see that there were
written rules concerning NAQP warmup sprints.

I just went by what I saw on the Rules page and noted on the Next NS page that
the contest was a NAQP warmup.  First QSO, no number received.  So I hand sent
the exchange, then went in the edit memories mode and deleted the number
everywhere.  Of course, that didn't help with the data I typed in the exchange
field.  It would not 'advance' and log the Q until I typed a lousy number in
the field.  Then, of course, I tried to dupe everyone and finally stopped,
turned around to the desktop PC and opened the NS RULES page to read the rules
yet again...yup...work people multiple times.. Then I went to the NEXT NS page
and only then did I happen to scroll down and see that indeed no number (just
like in the real NAQP) AND no duping.  Crud....   By that time, it's pushing 40
minutes after the hour and I've got all of three or four Q's in the log.   It
didn't get much better after that.  I should have gone to the photo club
meeting instead.