[3830] NAQP CW K6GEP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, timgep@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K6GEP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 14:43:30 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: K6GEP
Operator(s): K6GEP
Station: K6GEP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 6

  160:    1     1
   80:   61    18
   40:   66    27
   20:   63    32
   15:    2     1
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  194    80  Total Score = 15,520

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #2

Comments:

My CW contesting skills continue to improve, but I have a long way to go.
My macros were far too long at the beginning of the contest, and I shortened
them down.

I was 1 point shy of topping my winter NAQP CW score.

An impromptu family reunion came up, and I operated 3 hours less than I
intended
(6 instead of 9).

For the first time in a long time, 20 meters was actually good during the day.
Finally we got some cooperation from the sun for a summertime contest!  I'd
say conditions on 80 thru 20 were about as good as they could get for
summertime.  I improved things a lot by shortening my feedline.

Disappointed that 15 and 10 didn't open, but thats asking too much for this
part
of the sunspot cycle.

Thanks to my neighbor, Doc K6OGO for the move to 10.

Tnx to Jay AJ1M for a new one - WV on 80!  Wish I could hear more 1-land
states to work for WAS.

Stations not to confuse:  Ken K5KA in OK and Henri N5KA in TX !

Rig:  FT-990 100 W
Ant:  Alpha-Delta DX-CC dipole sloping down from 50 feet.
      2 element VE7CA 20m dipole beam pointed north (not used much)

Software:  N3FJP Logger:  Worked well.