[3830] NAQP CW NT4XT Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NT4XT Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2007 17:36:53 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, CW

Call: NT4XT
Operator(s): NT4XT
Station: NT4XT

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 9.5

  160:   17
   80:   65
   40:  176
   20:  122
   15:   23
   10:    0
-------------------
Total:  403   127  Total Score = 51,181

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

102' DOUBLET INV U suspended above the house, MFJ 993 tuner, a CORSAIR, 80-100W,
KENT PADDLE, N3FJP logware NON-INTERFACED.  hi hi.

Finally decided late on 40m, having worked everyone heard calling, that in
order to stave off bordom, I had to call CQ manually with a paddle.  It was
more comfortable to me than using an old fashioned Logikeyer with programmable
buttons.  If your fingers must move from the home keys anyway, there's no
point.
Before the contest, I took down the wire dangling from branches, finally, that
was left over from an old 40m half-sq experiment I did long ago.  I attached it
for a counterpoise to my ground system which enabled my doublet to load to 80W
on 160 as a T.  RFI'd the computer but it wasn't interfaced anyway, got some
Q's and a hand full of mults.  Often I got the feeling of paddling in the wakes
of motorboats.
Be that as it may, in retrospect, I spent too much time on 15, not enough on
20.

I thought about changing my name, but hey, it's only one less dit than Brian.
Hats off to the many excellent ops who copied my odd call and unusual name and
went with what they know they heard.  73, Darin.