[3830] ARRL UHF VE3CRU/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3cru@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] ARRL UHF VE3CRU/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2007 05:43:29 -0700
                    ARRL UHF Contest

Call: VE3CRU/R
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Rover LP
QTH: FN14, FN13, FN04, FN
Operating Time (hrs):

  222:  10      8
  432:   3      3
  903:   2      2
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  15     13  Total Score = 864

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Above score includes 4 mults for 4 grids worked from.

Never have I been in a contest where so much went wrong.  223 was solid, but
432 was plagued with problems and corrective surgery has commenced, from mike
to antenna inclusive. 903 was fine after I remembered to key the manual keyline
switch to the transverter.
The 2304 station headphones (no speaker) were defective and had removed the
Heil headset before hitting the road...oops!  Also no rf from the 2304 Saturday
but was fine on Sunday, just nobody to work.

Got K1TEO several times in FN31, and K3TUF as best ODX.  Heard K1WHS several
times in FN44 but could not get his attention.  Only VE3 heard/worked was
VE3ROR on 223, it being a civic holiday and long weekend in Canada.  Put the
Icom IC-3/Mirage brick to 222.20 and beam horizontal for full quieting to FN31
running perhaps 30 watts to an FO16 from FN14ba and FN04xa.

Great wx made the outing very enjoyable.  Thanks to all who worked me and to
those not heard but participating too.  Thanks to the ARRL for another
interesting contest.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R