[3830] WAE CW W6XR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, W6XR@frontiernet.net
Subject: [3830] WAE CW W6XR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2007 21:21:34 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: W6XR
Operator(s): W6XR
Station: W6XR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WNY
Operating Time (hrs): 8

   80:   28     0    15
   40:   86   126    25
   20:  194   169    35
   15:    6    10     5
   10:    0     0     0
-------------------------
Total:  315   305    80  Total Score = 133,085

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

Rotten conditions and new smaller station not near done yet.  I could hear on 80
much better than I could transmit because I'm using a center fed zepp at 35'
right now and the low band ears, which are a electronically switched K9AY
array, just rock. The rx low band array is a real plus and I look forward to
having good 80 and 160 antennas in the future as soon as the 160 inverted L and
the loop go up. 40 through 10 went well but had problems forcing lowering of the
tower to address the rotor isues.  Friday night was scary with very bad
conditions on the low bands and medications kicking in so I went to bed early
and slept late.

This is a great contest and I look forward to it each year.  The QTC format is
great and usually conditions are much better!  With the sunspots so few and
being subjected to a CME, the propagation certainly tested ones determination.
The WAE would be a screamer if it were held in the winter!  Only comment about
contest conduct is to please respect howling pileups when asking for a QTC
exchang AND why do people insist on appending their call with /QRP?  That
appendage doesn't make me listen any harder.  The new Ten Tec Orion II with the
QSK modified TL922A were a dream.  You really don't appreciate a great radio
like the Orion II until you have one and also have compared it to the Yaesu and
Icom top of the line models.  For me, the Orion II has been a significant step
forward reiterated every time I use it in "contest mode!"  Maybe next year with
all the hardware working and the body recovered, I'll do better.  Thanks to all
who worked me and of course my apologies to those I could not copy.

73,

Natan W6XR

Downsized retirement home on a great trout stream outside of Ithaca NY is:

160     In planning stage
80      35' high 135' zepp
40      F12, Magnum 24ON at 90'
20,15,10  F12 C31XR at 100'

Ten Tec Orion II and old TL922A ---S.O. single radio