[3830] WAE CW VO1AAM(VE3DZ) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve3dz@rac.ca
Subject: [3830] WAE CW VO1AAM(VE3DZ) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 10:16:36 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, CW

Call: VO1AAM
Operator(s): VE3DZ
Station: VO1MP

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: St. John's, NL
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R

   80:  186         140
   40:  462         126
   20:  820          98
   15:  197          70
   10:   52          34
-------------------------
Total: 1717  1717   468  Total Score = 1,607,112

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Thanks to Gus VO1HP and his wife Kay for having me over the weekend and letting
me use VO1MP station again.
I had few issues with computer and N1MM, but that was exclusively my fault
because I selfishly did not double check everything in time before the contest.
It resulted in my sending CW manually most of the contest and giving QTC group
numbers manually (the version of N1MM that I used did not handle it properly)
keeping the right sequence on a paper like in old days.
:-))
So I apologize for random hangs during QTC traffic and crappy CW (sometimes).
Had to take early break hoping to resolve this issue but for some reasons I
couldn't...
Other than that station performed great, antennas worked just fine thanks to
the hard work of Gus, who did extensive maintainance prior to the contest.
The bands were in expected shape, maybe just 80 m QSO count was a bit lower
than I expected but this is propbably becasue of my break time mismanagement.
Caught nice sporadic opening to EU on Saturday afternoon that lasted almost an
hour, too bad not so many Europeans paid attention... Thanks to my buddy RW1AC
who moved me to 10 for a new country late on Sunday afternoon when I already
said "goodbye" to 10 meters long before that.
Managed to give out all of my QTCs, something that I never really hoped to
do...
Thank you to all for QSOs and special thanks to people who agreed to move for
me. Without you it wouldn't be such fun.
Oh yeah - the highlight of my visit was nice yacht trip along the St.John's
coast with VO1DK and VO1MP. It took pretty much the whole day (Monday). Big
thanks to Ev, VO1DK!
Here's equipment and antennas description:
2 x FT1000MP Mark V Field, Alpha 87 @ 1,5 kW and SB220 @ 1 kW.
80 m - sloping dipole
40 m - 2 el. array of sloping dipoles to EU
20 m - 4 el. monoband Yagi
15 m - 5 el. monoband Yagi
10 m - 7 el. monoband yagi.
DX Doubler for SO2R and a pair of band pass filters (switched manually).

See you next contest.

73  Yuri  VE3DZ