[3830] NAQP SSB K7ZSD Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7zsd@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K7ZSD Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 10:03:40 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: K7ZSD
Operator(s): K7ZSD
Station: K7ZSD

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NW Oregon
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    5     3
   80:   36    20
   40:  218    42
   20:  579    55
   15:   27    15
   10:    4     3
-------------------
Total:  869   138  Total Score = 119,922

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Team:

Comments:

I started the contest with a good dose of green tea and honey and a rate of 142
for the first hour. I listened on 15m a few minutes to the start, heard two
stations, and at the gun, stayed for 16 minutes and worked 26 stations, several
on the east coast with heavy QSB. After more green tea and a few wind sprints
around the house and yard, I settled down as the rate slowly declined. It was
really slow here in the sixth and seventh hours, and even the tea didnâ??t
help. I stopped for dinner, had a glass of red wine, and the rate on 40m jumped
to a 118 for the hour.

I finished the contest bouncing between 40, 80, and 160, but should have had
more green tea and bounced faster and more often. I have everything here for
SO2R, but didnâ??t take the time to set it up. It would have made a big
difference in moving stations, I could have had many more mults than I ended up
with. The score would be much better if I stayed in the chair and moved stations
rather than moving in and out of the chair and staying on one band.

It was great working several YLs and youngsters, they were doing good. It was a
pleasure to say hello to many stations that are always there. It is amazing how
proficient and polite the NA operators are. I thank all of them for the QSOs.
See you next timeâ?¦..Brad