[3830] NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ku8e@bellsouth.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KU8E Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2007 15:41:59 -0700
                    North American QSO Party, SSB

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 3

  160:
   80:  108    33
   40:   89    31
   20:    9     9
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  206    68  Total Score = 14,008

Club: South East Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I had not planned to really operate this contest (or do very little) since my
seasonal allergies have kicked in and doing long periods of SSB doesn't help
the situation.

I didn't get started until around 0100Z. Condx were not very good so I decided
to switch on the amp to help the rate and have some fun. (PS : I will not be
submitting my log OR will submit it as a check log.) It was interesting on 40
SSB that I had a certain east coast station move near my run frequency and the
stations I was working asked for repeats because "he was covering me up". I
don't care if this guy was running a 4 el yagi... he ain't going to be louder
than me running 100 watts. I am beginning to wonder if there is some cheating
going on as far as running 100 watts in this contest ?? There are certain
stations who year after year just sound way too loud to be only running low
power.

I would be in favor of changing the rules to allow HP in this contest. It sure
would make it more fun when conditions are marginal like they were this
weekend.
Plus it would allow those guys with the big stations (who always win anyway) to
go at each other for bragging rights. If would give those of us with small
stations a chance to win something.

73, Jeff KU8E