[3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dx35@hilding.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprint K6VVA LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2007 23:56:19 -0700
                    NCCC Sprint - Aug 24

Call: K6VVA
Operator(s): K6VVA
Station: K6VVA

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: RF Hole
Operating Time (hrs): .5
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:  10      3
   40:  27      2
   20:  16      6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  28     11  Total Score = 308

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

20m was pure agony tonight including a computer reboot in the middle of things.
Most signals were in the tank here except N3BB, K9BGL and almost local K6XX
(nice to see you in the NS again, Mr. X-Ray X-Ray).  Many unanswered CQ's.

40m was a disaster except for the good ears of N9RV & KN5H for my only 2 Q's &
mults on this band.

80m at least got me above 20 Q's with several added NCCC folks showing up.  I
think this was my lowest NS ever.

I plan to be QRV as K6VVA/KL7 in the real deal (CW Sprint) in 2 weeks, but if
condx are like tonight, my 100w LP & glorified mobile whip setup may result in
4 hours of Auto-CQing.  It will be what it will be (K7NV-ism).  Please look for
a pipsqueak signal on the fringes of the pack for an AK mult :-)

For Mr. DanWah...

Rigs: TS-480(x2)@100w - SO1.2R tonight
Ants: A3 @ 30ft, 40m Inv Vee/Apex@28ft, 80m Inv Vee/Apex circa 45ft (one leg
partially wrapped around the branches of a pine tree).
Asst: Dell D600 Notebook w/WriteLog

73 & Tnx for the Q's

Rick, K6VVA * The Locust
* Celebrating 50 years of being licensed near the bottom of the Sunspot Cycle