[3830] OhQP K8AJS SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jbastin@sssnet.com
Subject: [3830] OhQP K8AJS SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 05:11:05 -0700
                    Ohio QSO Party

Call: K8AJS
Operator(s): K8AJS
Station: K8AJS

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WAYN, OH
Operating Time (hrs): 12

   80:  154     84
   40:   94     80
   20:   50     23
   15:    4      1
   10:    1      2
--------------------
Total:  300    190  CW Mults = 78  Ph Mults = 77  Total Score = 122,450

Club: Wayne Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

I was looking forward to this contest again this year, but conditions turned out
to be a bit disappointing. During the day the bands were long, I didn't start
getting any significant number of OH contacts until close to sunset, and that's
pretty late this time of year. I only worked 51 Ohio counties, and that may be a
new low for me in this contest.

Europeans were answering my CQs on 20 and 40 meters (even in broad daylight),
too bad they don't count for multipliers.

Later in the contest I would have liked to spend more time on 40 meters, but
with the carriers in the phone band and the RTTY contest taking over the CW
band, it just wasn't to be. Too bad, maybe the noise wouldn't have been quite
so bad there as it was on 80, but I wound up spending the last six hours of the
contest on 80 meters in the horrible static crashes and all. That's not the way
it should be done.

I was disappointed, I wound up with 61 fewer contacts than I had last year,
although I did have three more multipliers than 2006. Too bad more people
didn't try out 15 meters on the odd hours and 10 meters on the even hours as
was suggested on the OQP web page; there were contacts to be made when I went
there, but not as many as I hoped.

See you all next year!

Rig: FT1000MP, ALS-600 amp 500 watts
Ant(s): 3/4 el quad, 204-foot G5RV