[3830] SCC RTTY W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SCC RTTY W7WHY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2007 15:57:45 -0700
                    SCC RTTY Championship

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 2.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   4     6     4
   40:  16    33    15
   20:  14    30    13
   15:
   10:
------------------------
Total:  34    69    32  Total Score = 2,208

Club:

Comments:

Just a couple of hours to play in this one.  We had our "In the Bag" backpack
givaway at our church and gave out 120 backpacks full of school supplies for
the kids.  Also had a big barabacue and "Jump for Fun" stuff for the kids and
their families.  Got home windblown, sunburned, and tired, but a good tired.

Twenty was just about gone and when I got to 40, couldn't get anyone to hear
me.  I was thinking it was the 'shades of the NS Laddder' last Thurdsay night.
 I finally decided to go out and see what the heck was going on and found the 40
meter dipole laying on the ground.

I took the 80 meter antenna down last weekend to put on a new coax, and when I
took it down, I had to take the 40 meter antenna down first to get it out of
the way.  Found I had forgot to pull the 40 antenna back up into the tree and
it was laying on the ground.  Have to give W3FV the 'Good Ears' award for this
one because he heard me with my 40 meter antenna laying on the ground :-)

Lots of new 2X3 callsigns again.  Seems like RTTY is catching on with the new
hams.  Some of these guys are operationg pretty darn efficiently, too.

One thing I have been seeing is that in the exchange macro for CQ'ers, some of
them send their exchange, then their own callsigns at the end of the macro.  I
already know your call (at least I should), but sometimes when you call CQ, and
I answer you, someone else is still calling you and I am not sure who you came
back to,  Then if you put your call at the end of the macro, I have to wait
until you send the exchange again and see just who it was you came back to.

If you put my call at the end of the macro instead of your's, then I will know
who you came back to.

Thanks for the Q's and CU in the next one.
Tom W7WHY

TS-450SAT + SB-200 ~200 watts
FT-840

2 2l HB 20 meter monobander