[3830] ARRL Sep VHF N3OX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n3ox.dan@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF N3OX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 22:09:42 -0700

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  146    58  Total Score = 10,440

Club:

Comments:

Back in August I decided to throw together a 12 element 432 yagi for the UHF
contest that netted me about 8 contacts... totally made up for that in this
one!

I have the tropo to thank, mostly, but the 12 elements gave my 20W the boost it
needed to work a lot of you on 432, and that was a lot of fun...

I was shooting for 10k points and I have to give a special thank you to KN4SM
and his not-quite-but-almost-at-the-wire FM16 across all three bands to put me
over the edge.

I was at 9000 something and the last half hour was looking pretty grim, but
Jerry saved it for me.  N1MM says I was on for 12.6 hours counting >30min
offtimes... I was tuning, tuning, tuning for a lot of those, I know.

Was hoping for 6m to pop open sometime this weekend (especially right after I
worked the very short opening consisting entirely of K5QE) but the Sat night
tropo kept me in the game.

Thanks to the big guns for making the contest great for us barefoot FT-857D and
a few homebrew antennas on top of the house types.

73,
Dan