[3830] TnQP K4RO SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] TnQP K4RO SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 06:22:09 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: K4RO
Operator(s): K4RO
Station: K4RO

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 9
Radios: SO2R

  160:    9      6      0       0
   80:  105     94      0      22
   40:   74    122      0      15
   20:   68     39      0      43
   15:    2      1      0       0
   10:    3      2      0       2
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  261    264      0      82  Total Score = 73,884

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I finally got a chance to operate my home state QSO
party full-time as a single op.  Had a ball. Many
thanks to Doug W9WI and Greg K4KO for all the hard
work they put into the contest this year, and to
the mobiles for really making the contest special.

I didn't realize until the contest was almost over
that mults counted on each band.  Thanks to NA4K
for cluing me in, and moving me all over the bands.
I should have read the rules. I would have moved
more multipliers if I'd known. The score reflects
the old rules; I have no idea what the real score is.

Another thing I should have done was traced the mobile
routes on a map.  I'm sure I missed several counties as
a result of not paying attention. I was more focused on
making QSOs, still going after the TCG Radio Active
report at: http://www.k4ro.net/tcg/radioactive/index.html

I didn't really hear the mobiles until they got to 80
meters, and then the real fun began. When W4NZ/K0EJ
pulled into Moore county, it sounded like BS7H was
on the frequency.  Those guys sounded like they were
having fun. Thanks for allowing my tail-ender QSOs;
they were a rush!

I think I managed 11 QSOs with K4TCG, who was just in
the next county west of me. The Dickson county team
did a great job. Congrats to NY4N, NA4C, and company.
NY4N and AF4QB are featured in this month's NCJ. Jeff
and Becky do major QSO party mobile ops year-round.

Thanks to everyone who called in. This was a great QSO
party. I'll try to spend more time in other state parties,
and hopefully try one of them mobile some day.

73

-Kirk  K4RO