[3830] ARRL Sep VHF W1RT/R Rover HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, john@sort.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF W1RT/R Rover HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 11:22:39 -0700

  3.4:   15     4
  5.7:   10     3
  10G:    9     3
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  275    68  Total Score = 43,792

Club:

Comments:

Tough condx and little activity for the Jitney's first rove. Equipment ran well,
although after hours of soaking rain we lost 3/5/10G in the last few grids.
Heard W3CCX beacons Friday evening from FN51 through 5Ghz LOUD, but that was
the only enhancement we saw all weekend. We had a blast on the Cape, and people
were finally starting to notice we were there when it was time to move on to
FN41. Worked up the coast with no noticeable enhancement, decided to dump 53/54
and headed to Norway, ME for a few hours sleep. Sunday arrived at Mt. Washington
to be turned away for excessive width :( Rained all day, hit 34,32 and 31 from
interstate rest stops and 33 from Mt Ascutney. It was fun, but an awful lot of
driving for a pretty mediocre score .. 1100+ miles by the time we were done!