[3830] TnQP W0BH SO Fixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] TnQP W0BH SO Fixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 16:03:36 -0700
                    Tennessee QSO Party

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: SO Fixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:    1      1              1
   80:   24      6             25
   40:   68     58             69
   20:   15      0             14
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
-----------------------------------
Total:  108     65      0     116  Total Score = 52,964

Club:

Comments:

What fun!  Still can't believe the level of county activity in this one, both
mobile and fixed. Hats off to the Tennessee Contest Group for an amazing job
organizing. Throughout the QP, new fixed-base CQs kept popping up, each one in
a new county. It was almost as if things were timed to keep one glued to the
operator seat so as not to miss the next surprise!

20 was open nicely from Kansas to Tennessee at the beginning, but I think most
stations were on 40.  Later the band went long, but 40 stayed in all day and 80
really came through in the evening. Some very interesting QSB at times, but no
major complaints.

The mobiles really worked hard in less than ideal conditions.  It seemed like
there were a few more mobile SSB ops than usual in this one.  Especially
enjoyed chatting with WB4SLI as he covered the western counties as both driver
and operator in deteriorating weather conditions.  Hugh somehow managed to hold
his 40m SSB frequency the entire time he was driving which made him really easy
to find.  Also enjoyed meeting Pat, W4OQG and Nina, WB4CHH with their
combination CW / SSB mobile op and good conversation from a number of
counties.

Overall, worked 75 / 95 counties missing the following :

CANN CROC FENT GRUN HAMB HANC JACK JOHN LAWR LEWI MACO MCNA MONR MORG PICK PUTN
SCOT TROU UNIO WAYN

Several missed counties I know the mobiles went through, but I did work all the
counties I heard.  W4NZ wins the "consistently loudest mobile signal heard from
Kansas" award.

Mobile Q totals:

W4NZ    15
K4LTA   12
WB4SLI  11
W9WI    10 (thanks for the chat, Doug!)
KY4L    10
W40QG and WB4CHH 10
N2WN     3

Took a little time off to tune one of my 80m antennas back to SSB (had them all
set to 80 CW for Sprint). Forgot to do that until I tried working the first 80m
SSB station with results as expected!  At least it was still light outside.

Hope I calculated the score correctly. Mults include 7 bonus ones for working
five additional (six total) or more Qs in the same county (if I read the rules
correctly).  Score also includes 300 bonus points for working K4TCG 3 times.

Thanks to all for the Qs! Hope many more join in next year.

73, Bob, w0bh