[3830] ARRL Sep VHF K0UK Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Sep VHF K0UK Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 01:11:37 -0700

  3.4:   0     0
  5.7:   0     0
  10G:   0     0
  24G:   0     0
-------------------
Total:   6     5  Total Score = 30

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Comments:

Well there were some first for me. 1st didnt have local 6mtr QRM not sure were
W7VNU was but need to check to see if he is doing ok.
 2nd Worked DM49 via W7DHH on a mountain near Gunnison, Co. on both 2mtrs and
6mtrs. His signal was better on 2mtrs by far. I think due to a big antenna on
2mtrs vs 6mtrs. Also W7DHH, sorry for going so fast on cw. Had the IC706 set
for 30wpm. Backed it down to 15wpm and everything was good from that point on.
 3rd. Worked into the front range on 2mtr cw with my friend and GMCC
member/President Ken W0ETT. His patience with me on cw was good.
 Well thats about it from here. What really helped was the fact that my
neighbor finally cut down some 60ft tall trees that was blocking me to the east
and south directions. Since my 2mtr and 6mtr antenna are only up at 25ft at
best. Plus due to limited operation on 6mtrs didnt get a TVI call. Thank
goodness for that.
 It was a good way to have some fun prior to the Sprint CW contest plus the
sunday morning afterwards.
 PTL God bless to all. thanks bill K0UK