[3830] WAE SSB CT1ENQ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, etjfonte@ua.pt
Subject: [3830] WAE SSB CT1ENQ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 02:18:16 -0700
                    WAE DX Contest, SSB

Call: CT1ENQ
Operator(s): CT1ENQ
Station: CT1ENQ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IN51uk
Operating Time (hrs): 1.5

   80:
   40:   2            6
   20:  17           28
   15:   4            8
   10:
-------------------------
Total:  23    40     42  Total Score = 2,646

Club: NPDXG - Northern Portugal DX Group

Comments:

First time in this contest, cannot even considered a real effort because i did
not know the rules. I read them during the contest and made a few QSOs, tried
to understand the QTCs on the SD logger as well, seemed a nice contest, maybe
next year we'll give it a try. Total operating time was not more than a couple
of hours although i listened the bands longer than that while doing other
things.
Band cndx: There were openings to US and South America, the Highlight was to
listen a booming YB4 station but difficult to break the big guns pile-up. A52AM
on 40m was easy as always but not lucky with him on 20m. Got impressed when
worked7Z1SJ on the first call even with a big pile-up.
Operating cndx: Icom 706MKIIG + Home made dipole (24/6) + MFJ 971 Tuner