[3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w0bh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB W0BH HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 13:26:40 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: W0BH
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: W0BH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 4

   80:   87     1.5
   40:  103     1.5
   20:   77       1
---------------------

Club:

Team: Austin Powers Crazies

Comments:

All day long, I heard basically the west coast on 20 (great for the Salmon Run),
so when Sprint time came along, I worked CA, OR & WA (luckily a fair number of
ops in those states) for a half hour or so before running out of folks to
contact.  I'd worked a number of the WA ops earlier in the day, and everyone
was great about giving me a Sprint Q when asked. When I turned the beam east, I
heard only ME at first, but a few more faint Qs started trickling in. It wasn't
great, but at least 20 wasn't a total bust. 40 and 80 were OK with good
activity and relatively low noise from here in Kansas (nice surprise given the
storms which came through in the morning).

Late in the contest I was missing SC and LA. I found a station CQing the SC QSO
Party and he was answered by a station from LA (both loud)!  Didn't catch LA but
did get the Q from SC.  Heard but missed KS KY LA.  Missed MT ID UT OK CT RI.
Worked BC MB ON north of the border.  It's not often that I work everything due
north from KS : NE SD ND MB, so I can't complain.

Enjoyed hearing everyone on!  Look for me in the Texas QSO Party the last
weekend of this month where I'll be running 31 northern counties.

73, Bob, w0bh