[3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ka9fox@qth.com
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint SSB KA9FOX HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:20:46 -0700
                    NA Sprint SSB Contest

Call: KA9FOX
Operator(s): KA9FOX
Station: KA9FOX

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WI
Operating Time (hrs): 4:00

   80:   94
   40:  103
   20:   89
---------------------

Club:

Team: Sprintin' Ain't Easy #1

Comments:

This contest would be a LOT more fun if there were more participation.  It's a
lot less fun having to sit and call CQ and beg for QSOs.  That's just like
every other contest. :-)

Looks like W7 was the place to be for this one.  Congrats to all the FB scores,
especially K7SS with that big mult total (51?  Were we in the same contest?).
Also kudos to N3BB -- first SSB Sprint in 20 years yet he beat most of us.

I'm still SO1R in Sprints.  Guess if this is going to continue to be a CQ
Slugfest, I will have to put my SO2R hat on and get with it.

Worked all mults that I heard. No idea what you guys worked that I didnt.  My
missed mults were:  CT, RI, NC, SC, ID, MT, UT, ND, VE2, VE6, VE8.  Only DX
worked was XE (tnx Rex XE2GG for 3 bands!)

I had 40 stations give me #1 for the contest (not including my first couplet).
Some were from the Salmon Run, and the balance were guys that answered my
desperate CQs.

Overall I'm pleased, no equipment failure, and even found out that my F12
rotatable dipole (which is 90 degrees offset from my tribander) tunes up and
works nicely on 20m.  That gives me a little gain off the side of the tribander
when needed, and it definitely came in handy!

SSB Sprint... Best way to spend 4 hours in ham radio, despite my whining. :-)

Station:

Rigs:  FT-1000MP, AL-1200 amp
Antennas (1 tower):
   F12 C4XL @ 95ft (2 ele on 20m & 40m)
   F12 EF180C @ 100ft (rotatable dipole on 80m, and apparently on 20m!)
   160m Vee @ 90ft (tuned to 80m and used occasionally, mostly for RX)

Pictures at:  http://www.qth.com/ka9fox/gallery

CU in February.

Scott KA9FOX
ka9fox@qth.com

P.S. I subscribe to the 3830 Reflector in Digest Form.  If you guys don't put
your e-mail address in your posting, or check the box to have a copy of the
post sent to you, then we Digest readers can't see your e-mail address, and we
can't respond to your post.