[3830] SAC CW N8II SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC CW N8II SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2007 06:06:57 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 5

   80:   12    12
   40:   35    24
   20:   94    33
   15:    0     0
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  141    69  Total Score = 16,215

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I forgot that this was the SAC CW weekend already and stumbled into the
 contest at 1430Z when a SAC station called CQ on our 20M county hunter net
frequency of 14056.5 kHz. The activity seemed pretty good and I was able to get
the attention of almost all Scandinavians I heard which was an improvement over
past years. Just past sunset condx on 40 went down as the MUF dropped
 below 7MHz. I was working 40 starting around 21Z and by 2215Z the band
 was pretty well open. Condx on 80M were the best ever heard in this
 contest; SK3W and LN8W were quite loud. The QRN level was quite high
 on 80, but did manage 12 Q's/12 mults and went QRT before the local
 sunrise activity started. Thanks for the QSO's and new prefixes. It's
 hard to tell who the "real" players were with all of the 2X1 contest
 calls.