[3830] SAC SSB VE6CNU SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SAC SSB VE6CNU SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 14:13:13 -0700
                    Scandinavian Activity Contest, SSB

Call: VE6CNU
Operator(s): VE6CNU
Station: VE6CNU

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Calgary
Operating Time (hrs): 2

   80:
   40:
   20:  14     9
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  14     9  Total Score = 126

Club: ALBERTA CLIPPERS

Comments:

What Scandinavia?  My goal was to make 10 QSOs under these conditions, with my
100 Watts and TH6 Yagi at 13mtrs.  I wasn't even going to submit my log, but
figured with over 10 QSOs, maybe I got a shot at winning something.  The
coronal hole and high velocity solar wind hit at just the perfect time to wipe
out most communications on all bands.  During the CW portion of the contest, I
only made contacts on 40m, but that was "gone with the wind" this time.  In
fact, the atmospheric noise was so bad, I couldn't tell when my wife turned on
the blender!  Next year I hope to at least double my score!

Jerry
VE6CNU