[3830] CQ WW RTTY W7WHY SOAB(A) HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY W7WHY SOAB(A) HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 17:21:17 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: W7WHY
Operator(s): W7WHY + PACKET
Station: W7WHY

Class: SOAB(A) HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 8.5
Radios: SO2R

   80:   47   59      23       5     6
   40:   63   75      27       8     9
   20:  148  227      38      26    17
   15:    2    6       0       2     2
   10:
Total:  260  367      88      41    34  Total Score = 59,821

Club:

Comments:

Great fun while I could get on.  Only on for about 8 hours as I had to work
Saturday so missed any openings on 20 (if there were any).  Got on and made a
few before church on Sunday.  Did manage 2 Q's on 15 Sunday afternoon.  Think
it was open but nobody was home.  Nada on 10.

Conditions on 40 and 80 seemed really poor here Saturday night.  The noise was
really bad on both bands.  Good ears award has to go to D4C this time.  He
heard me on 80 meters on the first call.  Got a "?" from them, then they got my
call OK.  Think that was probably the highlight of the contest here.

New England was 'missing in action here'.  MIssed VT, RI, NH, ND and Wyo.  They
are usually easy pickings here.

Went down the bandmap for the last half hour and took all the green and red
callsigns off except for P43A.  Don't know where he disappeared to.

All in all, it was a really fun contest and I thank the sponsers for putting it
on.  See you all in the next one.  Log is already on LOTW.  73
Tom W7WHY

Radio 1   TS-450SAT +SB-200 ~ 300 watts
Radio 2   TS-450SAT
N1MM Logger 7.9.4

80 meter dipole, 40 meter vertical, homebrew 2 el yagi on 20, 15 meter dipole.