[3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, dsthill@cbc.bb
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY 8P2K(8P6SH) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2007 22:53:31 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: 8P2K
Operator(s): 8P6SH
Station: 8P2K

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: 8P
Operating Time (hrs): 15

   80:
   40:
   20:  645  1606      54      78    22
   15:
   10:
Total:  645  1606      54      78    22  Total Score = 247,324

Club:

Comments:

This was not a good week-end for contesting.

Had it all planned, then an issue developed at work which required my attention
from about 1400z on Saturday until around 2200z. That put doing well out of the
question.

As it turned out conditions were just bad to marginal here so never got any
really good runs going and just when things were looking good, a freaky thunder
storm started up which put me off the air for nearly three hours around 2000z on
Sunday. This had to be the strongest lightning and thunder display I've seen
here in Barbados for years and it felt like it was right overhead.

So in the end it was rather a disappointing effort.

All the equipment worked well, but I detected a slightly sticky rotor on one
beam which will require some attention before CQ WW phone.

It was good to hear the usual gang of suspects with strong signals and also
good to hear signals from 6W, AH8, and SV9. HEard quite a few good dx contacts
but didn't have propagation.

Thanks to all the stations that worked me, especially the rare and semi-rare
mults who called in. See you in the rumble next year.

73's, Dean - 8P2K