[3830] CQ WW RTTY VA2UP(VE2FBD) SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ve2fbd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ WW RTTY VA2UP(VE2FBD) SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 1 Oct 2007 15:26:49 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, RTTY

Call: VA2UP
Operator(s): VE2FBD
Station: VA2UP

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Lasalle
Operating Time (hrs): 36.30
Radios: SO2R

   80:  162   331       40      19    12
   40:  271   596       40      46    19
   20:  455  1189       36      72    23
   15:   30    72        5      15    10
   10:    2     2        1       1     2
Total:  920  2190      122     153    66  Total Score = 746,790

Club: Contest Group Quebec

Comments:

Many reasons to give it all up but glad I stayed, after all CQWW rtty only comes
once a year and I was looking forward to this one. We all know about poor
conditions so I will spare you. Not much of an 80M guy due to my limited space
for putting up some decent antenna but happy to say that it has been the most
enjoyable band in this contest. Got some new ones there and noise level vy
acceptable. On top of it I got answered by almost every station I called, not
so for the other bands where I struggled at times to be heard. Had to S&P most
of saturday and just a couple of acceptable runs on sunday when I have finally
seen my rate go over 100 qs (for vy short time), mostly I woulld see rates in
the 20s. Easier to park your car in downtown Montreal at lunchtime than to find
a spot to call cq in this one, I guess the crowd is getting bigger, welcome to
all new stations. Hope I'm in your log, glad you're in mine.
Looking forward to the next battle.
73,  Fabi