[3830] CaQP W6YI(N6MJ) SOFixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP W6YI(N6MJ) SOFixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 23:06:17 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: W6YI
Operator(s): N6MJ
Station: W6YI

Class: SOFixed HP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    57     13
   80:   164    120
   40:   309    338
   20:   374    941
   15:   132    140
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------
Total:  1036   1552  Mults = 58  Total Score = 360,296

Club:

Comments:

Thanks again to Jim, W6YI, for the use of his station.

Propagation wasnt all that great this time.  15m openings were very spotty, and
the rate never lasted very long.  20m was very crowded and it was difficult
finding a clear freq at times.  The low bands were in good shape, and the
beverages really came in handy on 40/80/160.

The biggest problem of the weekend was the line noise.  Ive been pretty lucky
the last few contests and had little to no line noise to deal with.  This time
we had a mild Santa Ana wind come through, and the line noise was a constant s8
on all bands.  There were far too many stations that called in that I couldnt
hear.  I appologize for being such an alligator at times.

The sweep was very hard to come by this time.  Sunday morning I still hadnt
worked NT, and I was afraid I would miss out on the sweep for the 1st time.  I
had an antenna pointed that way the entire contest, but had nothing to show for
it.  Finally VY1WR answered my CQ with only a few hours to spare.

73, Dan N6MJ