[3830] CaQP K6AQL/M M/SMobile HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CaQP K6AQL/M M/SMobile HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2007 15:49:15 -0700
                    California QSO Party

Call: K6AQL/M
Operator(s): N6MU, K0DI
Station: K6AQL/M

Class: M/SMobile HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   53
   40:   50
   20:  691    182
   15:   58      7
   10:
    6:
    2:
--------------------

Club:

Comments:

This year, John N6MU agree to ride with me at the last moment making this year
another full effort.  Things got off to a very slow start however, with
extremely poor propagtion from our starting position in Los Angeles.  So after
netting a whopping 3 whole Q's (all from TX no less) from our first county we
decided to bag it and move on.

As it does every year, activity picked up and it soon felt back to normal.  The
usual stop in Kings county worked well and we were off to a reasonable start -
that is until 20 closed and we found ourselves in a traffic jam going nowhere
fast - both on the radio and on the road.  Unfortunately 40 m didn't play well
from the mobile set up this year.  In addition to high local-generated noise
from the car, the band did not seem to be in that good of shape.  So we lost a
lot of ground during the early evening on Saturday.  80 m plyed very well later
however, with no problem working CA as well as the east coast.

We got a late start Sunday morning on 40 from Colusa, I usually try to get on
by 12:00 Z but this time it was not meant to be. Sleep somehow seemed more
important - maybe it was the 'last moment' extra hours put in the night before
preparing the mobile set-up!  In any case, we stayed quite a bit longer than
normal during the mid-morning in order to pick up stations that needed Colusa
-let's see did anyone *not* need Colusa Sunday morning?  At least it seemed
that everyone calling in was happy and John had a lot of fun handing out
sweeps!  Sunday morning really made the trip worthwhile and for a while we even
forgot the woes of Saturday evening listening to noise on 40!

Overall, the conditions didn't seem that bad with 20 playing very well and a
good number of stations from outside NA:

      Continent List  K6AQL/M 2007 Continents

                   160    80    40    20    15    10    30    17    12    ALL
                   ---    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    --    ---
  USA calls   =      0    50    47   737    57     0     0     0     0    891
  VE calls    =      0     3     1   108     7     0     0     0     0    119
  N.A. calls  =      0     0     0     8     0     0     0     0     0      8
  S.A. calls  =      0     0     0     2     0     0     0     0     0      2
  Euro calls  =      0     0     0     3     0     0     0     0     0      3
  Afrc calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  Asia calls  =      0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0     0      0
  JA calls    =      0     0     0     3     0     0     0     0     0      3
  Ocen calls  =      0     0     2    12     1     0     0     0     0     15

  Total calls =      0    53    50   873    65     0     0     0     0   1041

and intersting results from the repeat QSO statistics:

#
QSOs Stations
1:  255
2:   72
3:   35
4:   19
5:   17
6:   16
7:    7
8:    5
9:    6
10:   4
11:   3
12:   2
13:   2
14:   1

With K5KG winning the 'most K6AQL' contacts this year with 14 and K5UV in close
second place with 13 Q's in the log.  Very nice! Many thanks to everyone that
called in, the repeat Q's make our day as well as handing out the rare one!

73,
Dave K0DI  (K6AQL/M)