[3830] JARTS K4GMH Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k4gmh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] JARTS K4GMH Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 21 Oct 2007 18:19:25 -0700
                    JARTS WW RTTY Contest

Call: K4GMH
Operator(s): K4GMH
Station: K4GMH

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VA
Operating Time (hrs): 33
Radios: SO2R

   80:  256   561    35
   40:  533  1331    76
   20:  805  2213    94
   15:  495  1411    64
   10:    4    10     4
-------------------------
Total: 2093  5526   273  Total Score = 1,508,598

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Thanks to all who were kind enough to work me.

40/80 were noisy at the beginning of the Contest due several thunder storms in
the area.  Thanks to all who put up with my many repeat requests.

Biggest surprise was 15 meters being open to Europe even with the lousy Solar
numbers.  15 meters was open at least 5 hours, ~0700 - 1200 LT, from Mid
Atlantic USA to Europe both days.

10 meters was only open North/South path when checked with just a few stations
taking advantage of the path.

Youngest age received was 12.  This was from a Boy Scout working on his Radio
Merit Badge while at a camp in New York.  He was followed by several others
Scouts doing the same.  Started out with AA2OI answering my "CQ JARTS" and
asking if I had a few minutes to talk with a Scout working on his Radio Merit
Badge.  The few minutes turned into a half hour.  Brought back pleasant
memories of when I learned the code as a Boy Scout and how it came in handy
when I had to be able to send and receive 5 WPM for the Novice test back in
1953.  AA2OI was only running 5 Watts and probably using a wire in a tree.
Fortunately, the QSOs with the Scouts were on Sat. afternoon (LT) on a much
quieter 40 meter band.  So guess that makes one Contest QSO taking 30 minutes..
 It was fun and not a problem to take the half hour break from the Contest.

See you all in the next one.