[3830] WAG DP4K M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WAG DP4K M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 08:51:58 -0700
                    Worked All Germany Contest

Call: DP4K
Operator(s): DL8OBQ , DJ2QV , DK3DM
Station: DP4K

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Radio Taubeneiche
Operating Time (hrs): 24

   80:   276    220     54
   40:   397    230     70
   20:   318    431     90
   15:   123    105     69
   10:    10      8     18
----------------------------
Total:  1124    994    301  Total Score = 1,934,828

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

Hello to all Contesters !

"Radio Taubeneiche" ON THE AIR AGAIN !

After pretty long time first contest for us in M/S class. In the last
months we have been pretty busy in putting up a new 27m high tower and
antennas on it. We also changed our very old caravan which is our shack
to a newer and bigger one. That was much work and the WAG Contest was the
first real test for the new antenna system and station.
We are happy with the antennas and I think the work payed off !
Many thanks to Uli, DL8OBQ who put in the most time and energy to
the reconstruction of the station.

In the Contest we had a lot of fun and I think activity was very good.
The conditions could have been better (like they were the days before
the Contest) but for the buttom of the cycle it was great to see 15m
open. 20m was also nice. We had a great run to NA there.
40m also in good shape and we realy enjoyed to have our 2 ele
beam up on the new tower after long time on the ground.
80m was difficult with pretty high QRN level. On 10m every
QSO was hard work, but it was interesting to hear, what is
possible, even with no sunspots. We moved many stations
from other bands there and thanks to all stations, who
moved with us over the bands !

Congratulations to all the other M/S stations like
DQ4W,DM1A,DP9A,DR4A,DL0XM etc.... Will be nice to compare
the scores. Maybe it´s up to the logchecking ;-)
TNX also to Maik, DJ2QV who made a long drive by car to
operate with us again and bringing some equipment.

MANY THANKS to all, who gave us a call in the contest
and we hope to meet you soon on the bands again !
Good luck to all who will be in the CQ-WW-SSB this weekend.

Take a look at our HP  http://www.taubeneiche.de

For the DP4K WAG TEAM

Heiko (Bud), DK3DM

SETUP:

RUN-STN:
TS 850+ ACOM 2000A

MULT-STN:
TS 850+ Heathkit SB 220

Antennas:
80m : Titanex V160, 1x Broadband Dipole up 27m, 1x Dipole up 24m for CW
40m : 2ele Fullsize beam up 27m, Delta Loop
20,15,10m : JP 2000 tribandbeam up 28m , Optibeam 16-3 up 24m