[3830] CQWW SSB G6PZ M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB G6PZ M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 17:49:32 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: G6PZ
Operator(s): G6PZ 2E0CVN KU5B M0BJL M0CLW M0DXR M5RIC
Station: G6PZ

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Somerset
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:   94    10       66
   80:  773    16       85
   40:  693    31      110
   20: 1815    34      137
   15: 1451    32      131
   10:  285    20       83
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Conditions much better than expected, in particular 15m and 10m; in addition,
weather conditions much better than expected as gale force winds were a
possibility and could have resulted in lowered towers. Luckily, this was not
the case and we were able to keep all towers at full height.

Some alterations to station setup prior to the contest so we were able to use
the MonstIR yagi on the higher bands for the mult station and being able to use
said yagi on 40m on either the run or the mult operation positions.

First night 80m was good and we had good runs to NA. We had unexpected sp-E EU
opening on 10m and 15m was in excellent shape also to NA; 20m produced some
good W6/W7 runs however these were not experienced on the second day. However,
lack of JA run on the first day was made up for on the second day.

Murphy did not pay us a visit this year and the only real issue experienced was
one leg of the 80m phased vertical array making contact with the boom on one of
the SteppIRs. Also, the local curry house not delivering 5 rice dishes with our
now standard contest curry.

Highlights included 10m opening to NA on the Sunday, good 15m runs, good
cluster connectivity, MonstIR performance (including on HF) and the winds (or
lack thereof). We could have perhaps run more on 40m but we just could not get
any serious runs going there to NA -- the exception being the last two or so
hours of the contest where we were able to keep a decent rate.

See you in CW.

G6PZ CG