[3830] CQWW SSB VE4EAR SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB VE4EAR SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 18:34:22 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: VE4EAR
Operator(s): VE4EAR
Station: VE4EAR

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Manitoba
Operating Time (hrs): 32

  160:    1     1        1
   80:   17     6        5
   40:   90    18       32
   20:  248    20       55
   15:  134    19       51
   10:   32     7       11
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

So Much for a plan! Carefully researched last years effort and all the
propagation charts I could find. I created an hour by hour plan of what band to
be on in order to maximize the zone count. Whou could have guessed that the A
and K indexs would essentiually close down 80 and 40m here. The only signals I
could work were really big guns and all south of my location. It was if Asia
and Europe did not exist!  Any contact that required a near polar route or had
to pass through the Aurora was virtually impossible. Manage only a small
handfull of Zone 14 and 15 on 20 and 15 but those were the big guns. I could
hear all the US stations working EU all day long on 20 and on 40 in the
evening, but not a sniff here. Can you say Propagation Black Hole!!!

On the upside 15 and even 10 opened and provided a few contacts. 10 was open
both afternoons to deep South America and the Caribean. 15 was a bit more open
and included Africa and some nice South Pacific catches late on Sunday
afternoon. Added a few more to the DXCC list!

Oh well, no sense crying over poor propagation right! I choose to live under
the big RF absorbtion machine.

Next year I will have the beam and tower up, no more wires I hope!

Thanks to all the great ears and Q's

Ed
VE4EAR