[3830] CQWW SSB N6WG SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n6wg@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB N6WG SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 19:28:52 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: N6WG
Operator(s): N6WG
Station: N6WG

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: Newark CA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

  160:    0     0        0
   80:    8     3        4
   40:    4     3        4
   20:   50    10        9
   15:   39    14       24
   10:    2     2        2
------------------------------

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

This was a true ordeal, about the toughest time I've had in a
contest since I started about five or six years ago.
A big noise came on Friday evening and knocked me off the air for
four hours.  When I went back, it had dropped enough I could
work a few stations, but further effort wasn't justified then.
Saturday the noise had dropped, so I was able to grind out
QSOs through the day, but at a miserable rate.
Things were so bad at the end of Friday night that I would have
been very happy to make 5000 points by the end of the contest.
By Saturday night I had all of 7700 points, and felt that I had
done pretty well under the conditions here.
Sunday I put in most of the day and finally squeezed out enough
QSOs to top 100 Qs and just a bit over 18500 points.  No new
countries this time, though.  Tremendously relieved to have done
this well with what I have.  I'm just continuously amazed how other
stations can copy my QRP ssb signals through noise and lousy
propagation.
Thanks to everyone for the patience and the repeats.  I'm told
things will get better someday :-)
See you in the contests.
73, Bob N6WG
The Little Station with Attitude