[3830] CQWW SSB SM6U(@SK0UX) SOSB(A)/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, sm6u@sk6aw.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW SSB SM6U(@SK0UX) SOSB(A)/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 12:58:25 -0700
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, SSB

Call: SM6U
Operator(s): SM6U
Station: SK0UX

Class: SOSB(A)/20 HP
QTH: Stockholm
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20: 1838    36      130
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1838    36      130  Total Score = 460,816

Club: Worldwide Young Contesters

Comments:

Wow!

Conditions up here was not very good. The aurora made me feel very QRP compared
to stations further south. Other stations sneaked up much closer this year than
they usually do, making the QRM outrageous most of the time.

Gave up being serious at saturday night, because of the conditions. Worked rest
of the contest in some kind of "vacation" style.

Most people said conditions on 20m was about the same as last year, showing
what a big difference it makes to be 2 degrees further north than I'm used to.
Worked 20m last year from SK6AW with a single 4el beam and 750w. Got the same
number of multipliers this year, and I even worked 25% NA last year compared to
12% this year.

Working with SK0UX FB equipment and great hilltop QTH again was very fun tho.
Everything worked perfect thru the entire weekend, not even the slightest
problem appeared. Huge thanks to SM0W/Teemu for hosting me, providing
everything needed and even a little bit more!

Antennas:
NA: 6el QUAD
JA: 5el
EU: 4el